Skip to main content

Could not create java virtual machine

My PC operating system is Windows Vista and I encountered a strange error message recently. I was browsing a website that runs on java and got this strange error message window. It said “could not create java virtual machine”. I  have installed the latest java (Java Version 6 Update 18) and my windows is up to date.

I googled a lot in an effort to find a fix for this issue.  Looked like many of them had the same issue and there were many solutions posted. I tried all of those solutions but in vain. Then I accidently found a way to fix this java error issue.

The miracle fix (Windows Vista/XP):

1) Press “Windows” and “Pause/Break” keys together. This will bring up the “System Properties” windows

xp_system_properties_dialog

Image by java_devices via Flickr

 

2) Go to “Advanced” tab and click the “Environment Variables” button.

3) In the “Systme variables” section, look for variable names “JAVA_HOME” and “JAVA_OPTIONS”. Clear the variable values for both of them. Click ok to this window and then to the main system properties window.

That should hopefully fix the “Could not create java virtual machine” issue.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple tools for PC cleanup:

Image via Wikipedia Clean up is always a good thing when it comes to keeping your PC clean and also making it perform better while saving some disk space at the same time. Few days back while I was goggling hoping to find a software tool that can remove older java versions installed in my computer, I got lucky - I found a tool named " JavaRa " at this site: http://raproducts.org/ . It removed older versions of java and created a log for me see what it actually removed. That's so cool! I found another cleanup tool in that same site ; it is called " PureRa ". This tool removes certain files that resides in your PC and left there untouched/unused. The removal of these files saves quite a lot of space in the hard disk. After I ran this tool in my Windows Vista PC, it removed a whopping 1.5 GB of files which is what it said in the log file. Yes - it displays a log listing all the safe-to-be-removed files which it deleted safely. It worked
Something EVERY ONE OF US SHOULD Think About